Sunday, October 17, 2010

For if you are plagued by you...

Ah college applications- this is definitely one of those times in life when you sit back, look up (or sideways or glance-ways, or in-ways, or to whoever you feel is responsible for your fate), and think "Well, someone feels the urge to try me today."

It is not even the full task of applying that I find so difficult; it is the constant second-guessing of myself that I am finding is wearing down my spirit.

I do not like questioning my writing ability, but every time I attempt to write it is not nearly as natural or eloquent as the words Nuance Girl is able to emanate.

In general I am in a very good place this year, I'd say that "content" would be the name of the land between my ears if some obviously exceedingly odd person asked me to title it, but I keep on having these little critters of self-doubt crawl into my head.

Most of the time these insecurities are, to be frankly and brutally honest, blatantly to the extreme ridiculous. Sadly though, sometimes we do not have the perspective to see that.

So I am writing here what I wish people would just say to me:

YO- YOU THERE! YES I MEAN YOU (whoever happens to be reading this)!

GET. OUT. OF. YOUR. OWN. HEAD.

TAKE A DEEP BREATH AND TAKE A STEP BACK.

I PROMISE YOU THAT WHATEVER YOU ARE FEELING INSECURE ABOUT DOES NOT HAVE THAT FIRM GROUNDING THAT YOU SO BELIEVE IT HAS. IN FACT, I BET THAT ITS GROUNDING IS ABOUT AS SOLID AS THE QUICK SAND YOU FEEL LIKE YOU'RE OCCASIONALLY DROWNING IN.

YOU ARE BEING SILLY!

Trust me dudes, I am afflicted with the exact same ailment you are. We are an over-processing, lovingly over-nuerotic bunch, and the majority of what we obsess about we make up in our own very odd (in the most lovely of ways) minds.

We are simply stuck in our own heads, but I think that if we look out for those of our own kind we can have life guards to take us back to reality.


So the next time that you see someone you know obsessing over something that is completely unfounded please be that person to bring them down to earth.

Because as insignificant, and if you know us incredibly difficult, as this task may seem, I can only imagine the potential of a world where all those over obsessive people put their wonderful minds to churning over real problems instead of completely invented ones.

My mind takes off just thinking about it...


No comments:

Post a Comment